Friday, March 03, 2006







Pimp C was kind enough to send me these photos from when he and Bun B filmed for BET from his hometown of Port Arthur. You can see a white building in the background that is burned out. It used to be one of the original 2 syrup shops in Port Arthur. You can see grafitti on the building that says RIP J-Will. I adored J-Will. I met him through an artist called DJ DMD (DMD was a not very happy deal that I did in 1999--it was the first deal I did after Cash Money and it was a nightmare, but J-Will was a prince to work with). J-Will played baseball semi-professionally. He was an amazing player. He also had sickle cell. I am told that is what killed him. I think of J-Will often, and I am sad to say that he was dead for almost a year before I even found out he had passed. It still breaks my heart to this day that he's no longer with us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home