Sunday, March 12, 2006



Yesterday Was A Good Day!

I was honored by The Core DJs with an award for my contribution to Hip Hop. Pretty cool, huh? I was presented the award by Gipp (formerly of Goodie Mobb) and Ali (from the St Lunatics). Although I have never met Ali before, I have spent time with Gipp. He told the story of how I brought him and Pimp C to my house in Brooklyn, and along the way we stopped at Flatbush Avenue (it's funny that he recalled that mostly, as I remember dragging them on the subway at the height of both of their stardom...). They introduced me by saying I was the hardest working woman in Hip Hop. I hadn't thought anyone noticed...

The highlight of the evening was meeting Hammer. I looked at the man standing next to me in the VIP section, and damn if it wasn't the man whose Blog I had just got done reading before ehading over to the club: MC Hammer). As someone who has devoted a 13 year span to helping artists NOT get jerked (and believe me, there is NO money in that, so it is definitely a devotion), it was awesome to meet the man who is most famous for his rocky expereinces in this treacherous business. He is one of the smartest people I have ever met, meaning negative shit can happen to anyone...

2 Comments:

Blogger Producers said...

Wendy,
I remember meeting you- oh gosh - well over a decade ago - and you were as passionate as ever about Rap Music. I earn my living outside of the Muzik Biz these days, but younger producers, artists etc are always asking for my advice. Whatever you do PLEASE keep writing! It's great stuff- and I can always send them links to the great resources you've compiled over the years.

Peace,
Trina Love

3/14/06, 1:51 PM  
Blogger Ricky Ross said...

Thanks so much Trina!!! Hope you are doing well. Please make sure the newer artists get to see the websites (rapcoalition.org and rapcointelpro.com). Everything we do is free for the artists... Thanks again!

3/15/06, 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home