Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More than a month has passed since I last posted. It was no vacation, I assure you. At the beginning of August, I moved from Memphis to Atlanta. I loved Memphis, but there was not enough of a music industry there. So I found a house at Lake Lanier, which is about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. It's gorgeous and I live right by the lake. Once I recover financially from the cost of the move, I'll probably find a small apartment in downtown Atlanta so I can divide my time and be nearer to the center of town.

I plan to open the Rap Coalition office in Alpharetta, a northern suburb of Atlanta about 15 minutes up 400 from 285--just north of Buckhead. It's a suburb, but a great location and easy to access from all areas of the city.

I spent 9 months in Atlanta in 1999 and 2000--in fact, I spent millenium New Year here, trapped in a house in Lithonia; in a shitty relationship that I soon ran from at high speed. The experience I had being in the ATL back then was not positive, but I have a new positive attitude this time around. Being at the Lake will help that...

A few days after I moved, I headed down to the TJsDJs/Ozone event in Orlando. The event was great (except for the ghetto hotel) and I went from there to Philadelphia to help my Mom move. I popped back to ATL for 2 days to support the Core DJ Retreat which was great, but crowded. I was pulled in so many different directions and just plain tired after two moves in a few weeks time. I headed back to Philly to finish the job after the Core Retreat, and am thankful the moving is over. I'm headed back out on the road and happy to be based near such a large and easy to use airport (I'm used to Memphis which is expensive, small, over crowded, and disorganized).

Here's my new info:

Wendy Day
Rap Coalition
PowerMoves, LLC
3000 Old Alabama Road
Suite 119; Box 171
Alpharetta, GA 30022
404.474.1999
cell 917.501.6100
email RapCoalition@aol.com

No demos, please! I don't sign artists and demos are a waste of time and money. If I heave not heard a buzz on the artist, I don't have the time to listen to it. And if you haven't sold upwards of 30,000 CDs regionally (verifiable by SoundScan, and within the last 9 months), there's nothing I can do for you regarding finding you a major deal. So save your postage and energy. Chances are if you have sold those CDs, I already know who you are and we've already spoken... Hell, I'm probably in the middle of shopping your deal right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home