Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another relationship crashed and burned. This one only lasted 7 months, but that doesn't make it any easier, does it. When you care about someone, it sucks when it ends regardless of the time in. It also shakes your faith in human nature a little more, and leaves you wondering if there's anyone worth the effort out there, and wondering why humans have a propensity to pair up anyway.

The whole point of moving from the "dating" stage to the partnership stage is to make life a little bit easier (in the "me and him against the world" way), and to be happier, right? I mean, we don't really choose whom we fall in love with, it just happens. Often at the weirdest times, when you aren't looking for it.

So, human nature allows us to reflect, beat ourselves up a bit, and say we'll learn from our mistakes (do we ever?). But how do we fill the void that's left? And how do we keep doing so over, and over, and over? The odd thing is that I prefer to be alone. My standards and expectations are high. So it's really hard to pierce that wall I have up anyway. But somehow the wrong men seem to be able to get through...

Actually, there's nothing wrong with the men I choose--they are just wrong for me. And the realization of that hurts like hell...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out for you you do so much good for the rest of us. You will find true love sooner than later just watch.

7/23/07, 6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really feel you on this. I live in the ATL also, when i go into a relationship i know that i will go to ends of the earth for this person. My relationship are far and few between. I let my heart guide me, nothing else, if my heart aint in it then it aint worth the effort. Why is it that the other person says, writes, by cards, and constantly remind you of how they are just as down 4 u only to give up so easily? Especially when they do all the dirt 2 u and u hang in 4 the 2 of u and try 2 heal at the same time, only for them to walk away because it took 2 long 4 u to heal. I am try n to do this music business thing also, I am constanly learn n about the biz and have work in the da biz. Try n to do my on own thing since it is hard 2 get put on. I feel you....Hang in there, which I know you will anyway. What dont kill u makes you stronger and resisting temptation makes us stronger.

8/14/07, 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home