Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day Five: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Still Tallahassee, FL

Today is TJsDJs! It’s one of the most important and influential events in the South. It occurs four times a year, and this also happens to be TJ’s birthday. BloodRaw had a plaque made for TJ thanking him for all that he’s done for Raw’s career and wishing him a happy birthday…

We woke up and hit the ‘hoods to promote. DJ Mike Fresh is from here, so he brought his street team to follow us. Jade, the radio promotion person from CTE met up with us for the remainder of the tour. She and I will share a room, so aside from the extra luggage, we almost don’t notice the addition to the team. She blends in seamlessly.

Raw did a radio interview with J Blaze that Storm and Brian from Future Stars were kind enough to set up for him at 102.3 FM. It takes team work!! I left my Blackberry sitting at the station, so I was without phone numbers, emails, addresses, or navigation until DJ Speedracer was kind enough to overnight it to me at our next stop—New Orleans. The worst part was that I thought I lost it. I didn’t find out it was at the station until I could call them at 9 AM the next morning (on our way to Mobile, AL).

TJsDJs was outstanding. Aside from watching some great up and coming artists perform like Drop, JAG, E-Dubb, Lil Ru, Chop Chop, Beadz, Jap, and many others, we got to see a super star line up of B.O.B, DJ Unk, Gorilla Zoe (I love his voice—he could rap the fucking alphabet to a dope beat and I’d love it), BloodRaw, and Shawty Lo. The place was packed!! If it holds 2500 people there were over 3,000 there. The Moon is a great club and Vaughn is a wonderful owner!!

Since we have Raw’s camera man along (Nokey), we got GREAT footage of the show. In fact, Nokey uploads footage from our promo tour everyday for fans to keep up with our travels. You can see it at YouTube.com/USDAtv.

Afterwards, we went to Guitherie’s for fried chicken! It was slamming!!! I headed back to the room to sleep. I’m still fucked up about my Blackberry!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home