Saturday, February 16, 2008



Day Four: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Tallahassee, FL

Raw knows Tallahassee like it’s home. This takes a lot of pressure off me to navigate. I’ve lost the clip for my Blackberry (which is also our navigation device), and losing my Blackberry is but a minute away!!

We start our trip to Tallahassee with King getting a speeding ticket. Due to a child support error, he’s informed that his license is suspended. The cop takes it right then and there and issues him a court date. I’ve never been so happy in my life to meet a nice cop. He could have carted him off to jail, but instead, I became the driver while everyone else slept. Poor King! I’m feeling a kinship to him now, so it pisses me off that he’s got this drama in his life simply from doing 87 mph in a 75 mph zone.

On the way to Orlando (I’m driving), I spend about an hour on the phone with Chaz Williams from BlackHand Entertainment to pick his brain about setting up a prison tour for Raw. I do this with most of my street artists because they want to give back to folks less fortunate and make a difference. We just set up Raw’s Foundation, and are making moves to help those who need help! Chas was featured in November on BET’s American Gangster, showing the world what most of us knew all along—he’s an amazing human being making a difference in the world. I’m pulling out all of the stops for my friend BloodRaw!

We pull into Tallahassee just in time to have lunch with DJ Speedracer, Sean D, and Dreesey Baby (together the 3 of them make up The SchoolBoys—and they run the local club scene). DJ Dap also joins us at Applebee’s. Sadly, J Kwik can’t make it as he’s still in Orlando after DJing the night before for Gucci Mane.

Raw hit the studio to do drops for folks that he was unable to record before we left home. We headed to BW3s for wings, and then the guys went out to the club (The Edge and H20). Raw’s DJ, Mike Fresh is the DJ for H20, so he was happy to be home for 2 days. I went back to the room to work while the guys hit the clubs. This is the first night that I get a full 6 hours of sleep in weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home