Monday, September 18, 2006

For the first time in six years, I am single again!

It's kinda weird but it's also very, very exciting. A huge stress has been lifted off of my shoulders, and there is this odd sense of freedom and calmness that has descended over me. We've been seperating for a long time now, so this has been a long time coming. I am fortunate that we parted friends and went out of my way to ensure that. He's a great guy...just not for me.

I have a lot of work to do on ME, which I am looking forward to (and already started). I have a new home, in a new city, with a renewed committment to my companies. It's all very exciting.

I'm a bit sad for the loss of what could have been. But the truth is that it was never a fair and balanced relationship for either of us. I hope we can remain friends forever. We are both great people...on our own.

So if you need to start your label and are looking for an outstanding consultant, hit me up. I have a lot of free time now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your new found freedom.

9/20/06, 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

As an aspiring music entrepreneur I appreciate your wisdom and courage...Oftentimes you have written about the need to establish a sound sales record 25K units + over the course of 3+ releases to have any chance at all of securing a label deal...My question is...when a label is on the road to these sales marks...say for example 3 releases each 30K soundscan.....with a fourth release ready to go....how can one go about initiating dealings with the labels...so that a label deal can be put on the table..is a powerhouse, name law firm (Grubman or such?) the way to go..? .you have written many times on how a sad number of attorneys are only looking at their own financial interests not those of their clients meaning short term advances over long term ownership...how do you position an indie to secure a major label suitor assuming their sales are in order...are the majors even giving 2-3 mil dollar label deals in this age of downsizing...? What is the percentage one should expect 70/30..30/70...90/10...50/50 :)

many thanks, be well

Walter from San Jose

9/22/06, 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, surprised to hear about the breakup, I figured 'ol boy had a good gig going that he wouldn't dare let go. That relationship was more unfair and unbalanced than you will ever know (trust me). Glad you let that go, I don't know you personally but every woman deserves better than what you had. I know you are a smart woman, so any suspicions you had (and I suspect you did), I can attest to the fact that the betrayal was the ultimate. He is good all right...good at the con game...and other things as well.

9/26/06, 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI WENDY-
WE JUST GOT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WEBSITE. WE WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CONSULTANT BUSINESS AS WE THINK WE MIGHT BE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR YOUR SERVICES. I REPRESENT K5 THA NATURAL OF BRAINGONE PRODUCTIONS (FORMALLY OF BLACK MARKET RECORDS) AND I HAVE A TON OF QUESTIONS FOR YOU . I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE A VERY BUSY PERSON SO IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW THE BEST WAY TO CONTACT YOU , I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. K5 HAS DONE A LOT OF WORK (CURRENTLY WORKING ON HIS THIRD CD), SOMEBODY GOT PAID, BUT IT WAS'NT HIM. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN POINT US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I CAN BE REACHED AT ROZALYNS@AOL.COM
THANK YOU

9/27/06, 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when a label is on the road to these sales marks...say for example 3 releases each 30K soundscan...how can one go about initiating dealings with the labels...

Walter from San Jose

=================

1. IF YOU SELL 30K UNITS YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FINDING A BIGGER LABEL, ONE WILL FIND YOU.

2. IF YOU SELL 30K UNITS, YOU WON'T BE NEEDING A MURK LIKE WENDY DAY TO COME ALONG AND SNAG 15% OF WHAT YOU BUILT...

10/2/06, 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home