Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dear Jeezy;

Well, you did it again. You made a great CD from start to finish. Now in fairness, Young Jizza from the bottom of the map, I may be biased towards you, because Thug Motivation got me through a really difficult breakup this summer. It was also right there with me riding shotgun while I made the move to Atlanta, like a comfortable, dependable friend. It was my soundtrack to picking up a good friend at the FEDS last week in St Louis (after 7 years) and bringing him home to his new life of restricted freedom (but freedom none the less) in Detroit at a halfway house. (I spent a lot of time avoiding BMF over the years--too flashy for me).

Because of all this, I put a lot of pressure on you for this new CD. If it was even the slightest bit wack, I would have seen it as a violation. But you did your thing, muthaphukka. You delievered good product, with outstanding production, at an affordable price. You even thanked me in the liner notes (hell, I'm thanking you everyday--I haven't listened to any one CD this much since 1996).

I've watched your team work this record with less than perfect support from Def Jam (especially in the early crucial days when your label president was the focus because he had his own album dropping) and they didn't complain once. I didn't hear you complain either, like every other artist who dropped on Def Jam in this difficult Quarter. You just worked. And delivered the crack--your best shit! Nobody got to see what you went through behind the scenes. I did. Nobody got to see you take it like the man you are with no complaints. I saw it. I'm not even sure your team knew how fucked up the situation really was. They just handled it. I saw it, and I know. And for that alone, you are a fucking star!! Surrounded by competent hustlers. You should be proud.

Thank you, Jeezy. You've given me another reason to spend more time in my car with the stereo blasting. Nas is wrong, hip hop isn't dead--making wack albums is. Thank God.

Wendy

PS- Kinky B is the BOMB! You need to buy that man a helluva toy for Christmas...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you at CTE, Wendy. Why you don't come around more?

12/13/06, 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog from Detroit is a lucky nigga!!!!

kb

12/13/06, 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Album ain't all that...Quit jock'n!

12/14/06, 5:26 PM  
Blogger Ricky Ross said...

LOL. When have I EVER jocked an album or somebody in this fucked up industry? But thanks for the chuckle... My opinion is that the album IS all that. You must be from NY... or a rapper your damn self... 'cause the streets are feeling this one too, m'man!!!

12/15/06, 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in this "Fucked Up" industry too, label rep, and I feel the Ying Yang Twins got the hottest Souf sh*t out right now and the streets/clubs agree...You need a copy I'll send it you then you can write on them!

12/16/06, 4:42 PM  
Blogger Ricky Ross said...

Here's the difference between being a "label rep" and a fan. Label reps get paid to sing the praises of their acts signed to their labels, and fans sing the praises of those who are deserving. I am a fan of Jeezy, you collect a check from a label, I assume based on your statements.

Just so it's clear about what the streets think:

In Ying Yang's 3rd week out, CHEMICALLY IMBALANCED sold 13,295 CDs, bringing their 3 week total sales to 64,411.

In Young Jeezy's FIRST week out, he has sold 353,553. Hmmmm....

If the streets and clubs agree about Ying Yang Twins, they sure aren't voting with their dollars.
Jeezy has a better album, better label, and better team--of which, I am none. I do not collect a check from Jeezy to like his shit. And if I did, I'm too real to play myself by pumping him up on my little Blog.

12/20/06, 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TVT, Ha! TVT had its run but now they couldn't sign sh*t after the last year they threw up! Yo Gotti, Ying Yang, and Pit all FLOPPED!

1/24/07, 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home