Sunday, February 17, 2008




Day Six: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Mobile, AL

At 6 AM we pulled out for Mobile, AL. Every slept in the van except me and Nokey, who drove. I can’t really sleep sitting up, so catching up on my sleep on a three hour drive isn’t easy. Especially when there are 8 of us in a van that holds 8 people (plus luggage, plus CDs, t-shirts, flyers, posters, etc).

Dirty Dan met up with us and took us to Prichard and Maysville to promote. Gregory at Maysville Shack was kind enough to hook us up with some of the best wings I have ever tasted. Huge shout out to Dirty Dan and all the folks along the way who’ve jumped in for free to help us get around town and set up radio and club dates for us.

In Prichard, we posted up at the gas station and gave out CD singles, mixed CDs and t-shirts. We then went down to the Roger Williams houses and did the same. The streets love BloodRaw. He gets so much love in the ‘hood, it’s unbelievable. We also rolled through the Colonial Bel-Aire Mall before heading to WBLX to hang out with Nick at Night. What an amazing DJ he is. We spent over 2 hours with Nick (I love him!). He actually DJs in the booth for two hours of his show…mixing and scratching and doing all sorts of DJ tricks…He is an outstanding DJ. The coolest thing about him though is that if he likes a record he plays it. You can’t hand him some loot in exchange for radio play. I love that integrity!

We ended our stint in Mobile at the clubs—but I went back to the hotel to work. My Ozone article is overdue and I have to get it to Julia ASAP. We’re headed to ALL-Star Weekend tomorrow. Jeezy was supposed to perform on Saturday night, but he had to go to MAGIC with 8732 to promote his clothing line…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home