Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day Thirteen: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Memphis, TN

I met back up with the tour in Memphis. It was a cold and rainy day, and flying AirTran once again proved to be more trouble than savings. What a fucked up airline—and they do NOT care about their customers one iota!! Anyway, back to the tour: I met up with the guys and we hung out with DJs all day. By 5 pm, DJ was kind enough to take us around the city. We hit Sammy’s Fashions on Perkins and City Gear on American Way. The roof blew off the Hickory Hill Mall a couple weeks back when a tornado hit, so we were unable to hit that Mall to promote. Raw decided to get his hair cut by Ren at Antonio’s on Winchester. That’s who always cuts his hair in Memphis…

After that, we went to WHPK to hang out woth Lil Larry on the Trap House (you maggots!). I haven’t been in the radio booth with Larry since he was at Hot 107, when I lived in Memphis (June of 2003 through July of 2005).

Yo Gotti was in Atlanta recording with Gucci Mane, so we weren’t able to spend anytime with him, and MJG has changed his number so many times that I had given up on trying to find him. Project Pat was out because I’d have to call the ex to get his number, and that’s a bad idea (the ex was Pat’s cell mate when he was locked down).

Speaking of cellies, the real Ricky Ross (NOT the rapper) has been my buddy via Blackberry and email during this trip. He reached out to me on the second night of promo tour telling me he respects what I do with Rap Coalition. After corresponding with him and realizing that it really is him, we’ve been chatting everyday. It’s as if he is along on this tour with us. He gives me great advice, moral support, and hooks me into his network of folks who run the internet. He’s been a tremendous support system for me and I really look forward to his daily emails. It’s nice to have someone my age with my sense of what’s right and wrong to talk to. What an amazing man…. I’m loving him…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home