Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day Eighteen: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Columbia, SC

We slept til 10 AM today and boy did it feel good to get a full 7 hours of sleep. This is the most amount of sleep any of us have gotten in a month. For me, I went right from setting up the panels at the SEAs to planning this tour, the TMI Boyz promo tour, and JAG’s promo tour. I haven’t gotten much sleep since New Year’s.

I lost my boy toy in Tallahasse (Day Four) when I really needed to talk to him and he was too busy at the strip club to speak with me-- in a snow storm, watching only one broad dance. The message that he sent was loud and clear….I don’t have any value to him at all. So I cut him off once and for all. Didn’t even save his numbers. Gone!

I am thankful for my friends who’ve been listening, supportive, and offering help and ideas all along this tour. They’ve either been calling or emailing everyday. Between Calvin Klein, Pimp Fresh, and the real Ricky Ross, I have been straight.

We drove the hour to Columbia, SC and met up with Jihad and KB from Street Bangazz. They took us downtown to the ‘hood surrounding Benedict College and then we went on campus and promoted. Benedict is a historically Black university. Something interesting happened on campus though. As we stood outside the cafeteria promoting (it was 5 PM, prime time for dinner), we encountered so many haters. One idiot came up to us and asked who the hell was BloodRaw. When I told him he was part of USDA, he looked at me blankly. Then one of the guys said he was signed to Young Jeezy and CTE. The kid then said the only person he knew was Jeezy and he didn’t even like him. As a student who is in an institution of higher learning, why would one show such ignorance? Even if he hated Jeezy, why announce it to 7 people who are on their grind? He looked like such an insecure, self-involved, ignorant asshole. And to be doing so on a university campus made it doubly stupid.

Fortunately, we found guys who weren’t haters in the back parking lot, in an area called “The Slab.” Many of them were from FL and had love for Raw. I don’t expect everyone to love Raw, but I do expect people to respect his grind and his hustle. He works harder than anyone I have ever met in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home