Sunday, February 24, 2008

DaySixteen: Team BLOODRAW Promo Tour
Raleigh/Durham, NC

I sit here typing this from the Village Lanes in Durham, NC where we are bowling with some local DJs. Jeezy’s entire crew seems to be on a bowling kick, so today after we hit the Malls, the hip hop gear shops, the record stores that are open on Sunday and blitzed the hood with flyers and DJ Smallz mixed CDs, we went bowling.

Raleigh is an interesting market. It’s more New York-ish than dirty south. I find most of the guys rocking Timberlands and calling each other “son.” The style of music is more Fat Joe and Joe Buddens than UGK and Lil Wayne. But the radio seems to follow whatever is hot, so they have Rocko and Flo Rida and Rick Ross spinning. But the mixed CDs reflect a different picture.
DJ Lux guided us around town with his partner Austin. Austin has his own energy drink, called Wiz. He was kind enough to give us a case of it, so they’ll be no sleeping for us anytime soon. Raleigh and Durham are a tough market on a Sunday, but we did great anyway. Lux kept wishing we came through on a different day of the week, but everyday on a promo tour can’t be Friday and Saturday.

They mentioned that Bohagan came through yesterday on promo tour. Up til now, we seemed to be following Rocko’s tour. It just seemed that every city we went into, someone would tell us, “oh, you just missed Rocko, he was here last night.”

At lunch today, Raw and I discussed putting Gator on the April 8th BloodRaw release. It makes sense to me that he be featured with Raw and then travel with him on promo and whatever other tour opportunities are available. Then, they can drop Gator’s CD independently…

As I’m sitting here typing on my laptop at the bowling alley, quite a few local artists have come up to me. They recognize me from seeing me on some DVD. It’s always funny to me when folks recognize me because I forget that I do the DVD interviews, and yet they live on forever.

I’m about to answer my email, as I wanna see what Ricky Ross is talking about today. I’m also emailing back and forth with my friend, Pimp Fresh. He’s a pimp I know in Tampa who is a wonderful human being. He’s shopping a reality show right now to expose the insides of his industry. Hell, sex sells.

Tonight, Raw will hang out at Black Tie in Raleigh and a college spot in Durham called Luna (promoted by Faculty Entertainment). It’s the only thing happening on a Sunday. I’ll go back to the hotel and upload photos from the trip so y’all can see actual pictures on this blog from our trip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rocko...Now there's a real STAR!

Florida artist are always gonna come off more Bama than ATL niggas.

25 is the new 35 in the Rap Game so you better get it early or forget it!

2/25/08, 10:05 PM  
Blogger Ricky Ross said...

What is up with all the bitter ass muthaphukkas who cruise my Blog all day? How is it possible such a potive thing could attract so many people who have nothing positive to say. Switch back to TV you losers! Get off my blog...

2/27/08, 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home