Thursday, May 22, 2008




"It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you..."
-Rakim, the God


The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm tired. That's why I haven't written much lately. Two months, twenty-six days to be exact...

Keeping me sane are a very much incarcerated Ricky D Ross (not the rapper) who is kind enough to correspond with me via email numerous times a day, and my brand new puppy, Gangster.

He is 3 months old (the puppy, not Freeway Ricky) and I've had him for 2 weeks now. He pees on the floor a lot (again, the puppy, not Ricky)... He is very cute and gives me a reason to come home at night (or anytime really).

I have to admit that I am a little tired and burned out on this industry. Because the economy is bad, people are jerking others left and right in this industry (including a mediocre radio guy in Atlanta jerking one of my clients out of $15,000). Then there are potential clients wanting to BUY their way into this industry rather than do the work--hey Einstein--if it didn't work for BMF who had more money on a bad day than you will have in your whole life, why would it work for you?

Suge Knight got knocked the fuck out, and the barber who did it (who seems a little light in his loafers to me) is bragging and enjoying his 15 minutes of fame all over YouTube. Truly the end of an era.

All of the superstar NYC acts that were big in the 90s (like Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Fat Joe, etc) are now doing deals at incubators, not because they make financial sense, but because it's the only deal out there for them. The end of an era...

And rappers like Busta Rhymes and Jay Z are no longer cool, they just look like somebody's Dad. That's not a dis--hell, I'm 45 my damn self. This is a young person's industry. My generation doesn't buy music. We have car notes, and mortgagaes, and college educations for kids to pay for. Rocking to a Souljah Boy CD is for our kids, not for us. And speaking of which, are these new artists too fucking lazy to research who came before them in rap history when they are choosing a name? Fuck, can't they spell GOOGLE? There already was a Souljah Boy and I hope he's suing the fuck out of you. VERY disrespectful. It wasn't even THAT long ago, although you were probably 8 at the time. Hope you kept your publishing and are banking your money.

Don't get me started on Rick Ross, the rapper... You took dude's name but never even reached out to him? Are you really that foul?????

Been working with Young Buck regarding his G-Unit situation. Boy is 50 angry with him... I say let dude go, get a check from him, and keep it moving. He never did get a royalty check, but no rapper does really. I guess they haven't read my websites or articles.

Just trying to stay relevant in a world that doesn't give a fuck anymore. Having a hard time even giving a fuck myself...